Wednesday 3 February 2016

Update on the horehound

So, I've had a chance to use human guinea pigs due to the tenacious cough that's going around this month. My daughter says that putting a sprig of horehound into her favourite herbal tea (with lots of honey to help with the 'funny' taste) did help her a bit with her cough. I have a couple co-workers who have had a cough for about a month now, so I'm giving them some snippings from my plant to try. I've asked them to give me feedback on whether they think it helped or not.

Since horehound has been recommended for the same thing for about 2,000 years now I suspected it was probably useful at least a little bit for coughs and chest congestion. My daughter says yes, and we'll have two other opinions soon. It's cheaper than cough drops to keep a pot of this plant on your windowsill...

No comments:

Post a Comment